Do you know a local "genealogy hero" that deserves special recognition? The Illinois State Genealogical Society is accepting nominations for our 2020 Honors and Awards!
Nominations will be reviewed by the Honors and Awards Committee. The awards will be presented at the ISGS Virtual Fall Conference on October 24th, 2020. Award categories are:
● Community Service Award: This award may be given to an individual, company, or institution for service or contributions to genealogy. Nominations may be made by local genealogical or historical societies.
● Special Recognition Award: This award may be given to an individual for the promotion of genealogy in general or for having been a major influence toward the success of the nominating organization. Nominations may be made by local societies.
● Youth Award: Students are eligible for this award for a genealogical project. Nominations may be made on the suggestion of a teacher, advisor, or local society.
● Distinguished Service Award: A national figure may be honored for exceptional contributions or service to genealogy.
● Volkel Medal of Honor: This is awarded during even-numbered years to a living person who has contributed generous services toward the field of genealogy in an exemplary way for ten or more years.
Click here for a copy of the ISGS Honors and Awards Nomination Form!
Learn more about the ISGS Honors and Awards on our website. Please email or mail completed forms by July 1 to email@example.com, or to the attention of the Honors and Awards Committee at the ISGS office:
P.O. Box 10195, Springfield, IL 62791-0195.
Direct questions to Jaymie Middendorf, Honors and Awards Committee Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2020, copyright Illinois State Genealogical Society