The Illinois State Genealogical Society (ISGS) is seeking qualified genealogy presenters to participate in its ISGS 2016 Webinar Series. ISGS webinars are held on the 2nd Tuesday of each month, at 9:00pm Eastern/8:00pm Central. Scheduled dates are:
- January 11, 2016
- February 9, 2016
- March 8, 2016
- April 12, 2016
- May 10, 2016
- June 14, 2016
- July 12, 2016
- August 9, 2016
- September 13, 2016
- October 11, 2016
- November 8, 2016
- December 13, 2016
Preferred Webinar Topics
- Genealogy methodology including research and evidence evaluation.
- Record sets: “how to” and usage practices.
- Midwest United States genealogy, research and record sets.
- Ethnic genealogy including African-American, Scandinavian, Irish, German, Polish.
Click here to view a list of previous ISGS webinar topics dating back to January 2012.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Potential presenters must have previous genealogy speaking experience at a local, regional or national level.
- Potential presenters must have previous webinar presenting experience, preferably using the Go To Webinar platform.
- Select presenters will be required to sign a speaking contract with ISGS.
- Selected presenters will be required to submit a short bio and a headshot photo.
- Selected presenters will be required to submit a handout for each webinar, maximum four (4) pages.
Selected ISGS webinar presenters will receive one hundred dollars ($100) per webinar as remuneration for speaking services after completion of a webinar.
The deadline for submissions is October 1, 2015. Please click HERE to access the submission form. Limit two (2) submissions per presenter. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
© 2015, copyright Illinois State Genealogical Society