Save up to $50 on registration!
The Federation of Genealogical Societies invites you to the FGS/ISGS 2011 Conference for the Nation's Genealogists. Our local host, the Illinois State Genealogical Society, joins FGS in welcoming you to historic Springfield as we celebrate "Pathways to the Heartland." And if you register by Friday, July 1st you'll save up to $50 on the registration fees. Click here (http://fgs.org/2011conference/registration/) to register - don't delay! Remember, the early bird gets the worm and saves money too!
Why should you make plans to be at FGS 2011?
Take a peek at what we have in store for this year's FGS conference:
- More than 150 educational presentations with well-known speakers from all over the U.S. Check out the conference program at http://fgs.org/2011conference/program/.
- Lectures that appeal to beginning, intermediate and experienced genealogists.
- Topics that cover almost every aspect of genealogy as well as libraries, archives, and repositories.
- Sessions for professional genealogists.
- Keynote address by David S. Ferriero, Archivist of the United States (NARA).
- 35th Anniversary Celebration speaker Harold Holzer, noted Lincoln scholar. Get your tickets for the gala now!
- Ancestry.com Day.
- Large exhibit hall with exhibitors and vendors.
- Vendors loaded with genealogy and history books, magazines, databases, software, maps, CDs, magazines, journals, and more.
- Focus on Societies Day on Wednesday, 7 September 2011. Attend sessions to help your genealogical society grow, prosper, develop, and educate.
- Librarians Day on Tuesday, 6 September 2011, sponsored by ProQuest.
- Visit historic sites, libraries, and more in the Springfield area.
- Many research opportunities in the Central Illinois region and along the way!
- Daily meal functions with exciting speakers and time for networking.
- Check the FGS/ISGS 2011 Conference Website at http://www.fgs.org/2011conference/
- View the continually expanded FGS Conference News Blog at http://www.fgsconferenceblog.org/
- Visit the Illinois State Genealogical Society at http://www.ilgensoc.org/
- Follow the FGS/ISGS 2011 Conference on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/FGS2011
and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/#!/fgs2011 .
- Prepare for Illinois tourism at http://www.enjoyillinois.com/home.aspx
- Plan for visiting Springfield at